Monday, June 7, 2010

RSS (Really Simple Syndication)


Retrieved 07 June, 2010 from www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/rss.aspx


When I first came across RSS, I admired this amazing technology because it automatically brings brand new information. This is not spam mails which always bring us various virus. It is USEFUL information based on my interests.

It was my savor because it could help me enjoy my laziness. I didn't need to spend time and effort for finding information. Anyway I got to access information thanks to the RSS.

But from some point, I realised that I did not look at brand new information. That's because they are always there and I started to get used to ignoring new information. I could not be excited about automatic upgrade any more. It's just like piles of washings to me.

And I also realised this convenient technology prohibits human from developing ability of evaluating information. This automatic makes me abandon the critical thinking process because it provides everything.

Of course it can help me to save time and effort. However I should not rely on RSS entirely becasue I could lose the learning experience of thinking process. I can take advantage of the benefits of RSS if I am still aware of the significance of thinking process even though it is required to spend time and effort. This experience reminds of Korean saying:

Teach children how to catch fish instead of providing fish

No comments:

Post a Comment